Default Color Schemes

I love the color swatch feature and I’ve redone the color selection to fit my needs. Would be nice to be able to make new colors Default for new games.

2 Likes

I’d like to be able to have a second color palette and swap between them. For example, my players like to have bright colors associated with their tokens, but I want a range of environmental colors for labeling objects. If I could create a set of palettes and share them between my games that would be ideal.

2 Likes

I frequently run out of colours when making maps, and certainly do when adding tokens.

A work-around is to keep a small “painter’s palette” of single blocks I use to pick-up colours. This is most handy for custom mix colours, when I want a shade for wheat or a grey for shadows or the like.

Sometimes I even remember to put it under a fog, but I’ve had to explain the little random block of colours in the bottom corner to the players a couple of times.

1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: Color picker is unreliable

This topic got slightly hijacked by a different issue, but just cirous @johncs, would it be possible to save our changes to the palette as default?

It did get hijacked didn’t it :sweat_smile:, my bad. I split off the bug hunt into a separate topic.

A personalized default color palette has been talked about before. I think it’s probably possible to do in a nice way. I have a growing number of changes to the color picker so it’ll probably be a nice overhaul project once I get into it. Having a simple “save as default” button would probably work well.