Add lasering to mobile

Now if you double tap somewhere on mobile you’ll make the laser do a little circle there. I’m going to add onto this to make it so that if you drag after double-tapping you can laser normally, but I think this is already neat and useful :slight_smile:.

Happy Shmepping ya’ll :blush:

The mobile support is coming along quick!

How long do you think until it’s released from the testing channel? I’ve got a player in a weekly game who’s borrowing a computer to play, and he’s got an android tablet.

Speaking of android - any chance apple/android apps are on the roadmap for eventual release?

I would also like to add that I really appreciate your detailed updates.

Does Shmeppy have a dedicated subreddit? I think that would do wonders to boost awareness and subscriptions.

How long do you think until it’s released from the testing channel?

It is coming along quite quickly. I’m not sure how long until it’s ready for the main site but I don’t think too much longer. On the order of a week or two is my very rough guess because I think the only thing that’s preventing me from deploying at the moment is better testing on Android and lack of tutorial info.

Speaking of android - any chance apple/android apps are on the roadmap for eventual release?

No, I don’t think Shmeppy will ever need to become an app. I don’t think there’s anything that a Shmeppy app could do that a mobile-web Shmeppy couldn’t do.

I would also like to add that I really appreciate your detailed updates.

Aw thanks :blush:. Feels good to put out releases regularly. Gives me a good sense of movement.

Does Shmeppy have a dedicated subreddit? I think that would do wonders to boost awareness and subscriptions.

It doesn’t! You’re welcome to make one if you’re interested. I think companies are generally encouraged to not admin their own subreddits.

Oh man, thanks for answering with so much detail.

The app side of things makes sense, I’m sure it would be loads of extra work for that.

As for the subreddit, turns out it’s already been made and is dead. You should post on this forum about it!
https://www.reddit.com/r/shmeppy/

One thing an app could do is keep you logged in outside the browser. I browse in private mode on my phone exclusively and close tabs after I’m done… so if I want to log in to anything in the browser, I have to type it manually each time. Though I don’t know how often this situation exists for other people. I’m possibly just weird lol