Android support, "fullscreen" support, and lots of polish

Fixed the mobile code to work well on android devices. Thankfully I found an old android phone in a drawer so I can stop borrowing my friend’s phone :sweat_smile:.

I also made is so that Shmeppy will resize itself correctly if you hide the address bars. This can be done on iOS by rotating into landscape mode (rotating back to portrait also brings you to a fuller-screened portrait mode). And this can be done on android by touching Shmeppy’s top bar and dragging up.

Finally I did a ton of polishing. There were lots of little fixes to make.

This is probably just about ready to go out to the main site now, though tablets are pretty wonky at the moment so I’d like to think through how I want to deal with them before I do that.

1 Like

Hey John!

New to Shmeppy, just wanted to check in on mobile support… I don’t see anything newer than this post re: mobile/android, although there are patch notes that refer to all sorts of mobile improvements…

Is mobile only really supported for the player side of things? Or are there GM tools for drawing and map creation that are supported by touch screens as well?

1 Like

I’ve been posting release notes to Discord rather than the forum for quite some time which is why you haven’t seen anything new here. Release notes also appear in the top right menu on http://shmeppy.com.

Everything you can do on a desktop as a GM you can also do on mobile and I think the experience is solid for GMing on tablets.

GMing on a phone is perfectly possible, and supported well enough (though sometimes the network box can be pushed a bit off screen). The small screen size is annoying to me at least though, and I prefer larger screens when I’m actually editing maps. I’ll do small GM things on my phone though if I’m moving around my place for a sec while I’m running a game.