Feature Request: Option to Display Dimensions for Fill Tool

I really love the minimalist design of Shmeppy!

For determining dimensions, the measure tool seems good enough. However, when I’m drawing my maps, I usually have exact dimensions or symmetries in mind. I find it difficult when using the fill tool to count the number of cells I’ve painted. It would be terrific if there was an option to show the length and width of a drag fill before dropping it. Likewise with the length of an edge.

2 Likes

I like this idea, maybe like a little text box that stick near your cursor as you drag out a section with fill or edge that just says “2x10”, “5x7” and goes away as soon as you let go to finalize the change.

In the mean time, you can use the measure tool starting from corners (or any other point) if you hold shift. which would let you see a square count easily.

2 Likes

Agreed! This is actually an accepted feature (I have it in my task tracker) but I don’t think a thread has ever been made for it. Thank you for posting this. I think it would be a lovely addition to Shmeppy.

1 Like

Terrific! I’m so pleased to see the active and passionate development of this tool. Eagerly looking forward to new features and more users.

1 Like

This has been added in More measurements, zoom improvements, and a couple cosmetics.