Here comes the eyedropper 👁

Ever accidently overwrote a color in the palette bar that you found out you actually needed to keep? Now it’s much easier to recover by using the eye dropper! Check it out:

eyedropper

There’s a few usability improvements/bugfixes that landed with this release too. Most notably, you can now undo/redo when the color picker is open.

As always, please let me know if you find any issues with this feature or have any suggestions. Happy Shmepping.

1 Like

Could there also be a texture chooser? Maybe that would add too much complexity…

1 Like

I think it’d be nice to be able to immediately tell what certain tiles are supposed to represent. Like in the screenshot above, what are those brown or darker green teils? Trees? Grass? Bushes?

GMs need to answer these questions for their players verbally right now. Textures or icons could let the map answer those questions directly though.

Unfortunately I haven’t had any particularly good ideas for letting the map answer these sorts of questions without losing a lot. For textures in particular, I worry that they’d slow map creation down a lot and (counter-intuitively) result in worse-looking maps overall.

I don’t have plans to introduce textures, but if it can be done without compromising too much on Shmeppy’s key design traits I’d be interested in trying it out.

Way of manually inputting the color hex code might be useful too