Looking for Guidance on Using Shmeppy in a Big Campaign with Changing Environments

Hello Everyone :hugs:,

With my tabletop group, I recently began running a large-scale campaign, and I’m thinking of employing Shmeppy to oversee our battle maps and environs. The campaign is set in a world where surroundings change quickly; think of deserts that abruptly turn into forests and towns that, thanks to magical powers, can instantly change from mediaeval to futuristic in design.

After some exploration, I’m rather fond of Shmeppy’s simplicity and usability. But I’m not sure how well it can manage a campaign this complex, especially as the map will need to be changed frequently and significantly. Since my group likes a combination of battle and exploration, I’ll need to change the maps frequently to maintain the rhythm of the game.

I’m seeking for some detailed answers on the following questions:

Layering Maps: Would I have to make individual maps for every environment, or is it possible to have numerous layers on a single map to switch between different environments? :thinking:

Quick Changes: During a session, how do you handle making quick changes to maps? :thinking: Are there any hints or techniques for achieving smooth transitions that don’t break the game’s flow? :thinking:

Sharing and Saving: If I need to quickly switch between several versions of the map, what is the best approach to save and share these maps with my players? :thinking:

If you have any tips or experiences using Shmeppy in a campaign with dynamic, ccsp ever-changing surroundings, please share them with me.

Thank you :pray: in advance.