Shift + Click to flood fill, rather than double click

@Learuis had the idea of just shift clicking, rather than double clicking, to flood fill. Making double clicking work has been very challenging from both a technical and UX design perspective, so I was pretty pumped to try it out.

After implementing it, I found I liked this interface much more. It certainly seems like a better place to start. Sorry to those of you who are already getting used to the “double clicking” interface, I don’t like changing hotkeys/activation-methods in Shmeppy, but hopefully this isn’t too bad since I only released this yesterday.

flood

Please continue sharing your feedback with me. It’s super useful.

Happy Shmepping ya’ll!

P.S. I also did a little reskinning of the account page, it looks slightly nicer now hopefully:

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 2.55.38 PM

2 Likes

Fixed a couple bugs with the flood fill implementation just now too. Namely:

• If you tried to flood fill a single cell of color, it would do nothing. Now it correctly fills just that cell.
  • Some of the initial palette colors are shorthand color codes. Like #EEE which is shorthand for #EEEEEE. The flood fill implementation wasn’t smart enough to know #EEE is the same as #EEEEEE so it’d treat them as different colors. Now it considers them the same.