Alex1 asked for an updated roadmap since it’s been awhile since I posted the last one.
My plan for this two month free period, which we’re a little less than halfway through already, is to do a few things:
- Launch the multi-select tool. This is coming along well enough and you can use a preview of it on the testing site already. This’ll allow copy+paste between maps which I think will be quite nice.
- Create a little widget in the top bar that’ll try and encourage people to subscribe during the final month.
- Try and get as much of the background images feature done as I can… it’s a big feature though so I don’t expect to be able to launch it before the end of this 2-month period. I’m hoping to be able to tease it though and have it launched soon after.
My plans are always quite fluid and flexible but after that I’m very tentatively planning on doing some of the more time-consuming subtle improvements. A couple on my mind:
- Improve how the eyedropper selects colors, so (for example) it’d be unaffected by Fog of War.
- Create a new renderer that uses the GPU that’ll be used if the computer + browser supports it. I think that this’ll fix most of the performance problems users have hit.
But there’s so many improvements to be made so we’ll see how many I knock out.